BCH CONSULTANTS is renowned for its rapidity and high quality interventions within organizations. We have the expertise to bring support in managing situations of crises as well as upheavals associated to specific traumatic events. An emergency line is reserved to Management, such that requests for post-trauma interventions are immediately taken care of by a team of experts.
Examples of post-traumatic situations
- Sudden death (suicide, homicide)
- Agression (physical, sexual)
Our interventions can be done on an individual basis or as a group which take into account, if necessary, the organizational context in which they are being held.
Facing such situations, an adequate and rapid intervention – a delay of four (4) hours maximum - allows the concerned individuals to rapidly regain their equilibrium. This diminishes the risk of developing stress and post-traumatic conditions (the latter can become chronic because anxiety, stress and trauma caused by an event are responsible for many psychological difficulties).
Three (3) levels of interventions
1. Pre-event prevention plan
- Guide in developing a policy relevant to your Organization;
- Develop awareness and educational workshops applicable at all levels.
2. Support at the moment of an event
- Bring support for those directly or indirectly involved in crisis management.
3. Following the event: clinical intervention
- Immediately following the event (within 24 hours);
- Aimed at larger groups that are less affected by the event;
- The purpose is to provide clear information to reduce rumours.
- Within 24 to 48 hours following the event, according to its relevance, assessed in conjunction with the Organization;
- Aimed at groups that are most affected by the event which involves psychological debriefing.
- Aimed at groups that are most affected to restore psychological equilibrium of those concerned;
- Allows for professionals to better identify those at risk who may benefit from an individual support.
- For such a service, the request must be addressed to us in writing or verbally only by business Managers. Managers of such programs first proceed to a rapid evaluation and thus identify the preferred clinical methods. As mentioned above, the services provided may be a short-term individual and/or group intervention that use the crisis intervention model and is aimed at restoring employees’ equilibrium following traumatic events.